Saturday 13 March 2010

Back to my Roots


As mentioned in previous posts I am influenced (like all artists) by the things around me and the things I am interested in. For just over two years of the previous five I have been pregnant and for four of them I have been breastfeeding.

This latest piece from the easel of Ally is my depiction of those fantastic nine months, not forgetting when baby is skinside.

The original sketch of this is in twelve parts, the nine months of pregnancy and then three slides showing breastfeeing a newborn, a toddler and a preschooler.

I have had some really postive responses to my colourful pieces so thought I'd brighten up these dull days, bring on the sunshine!


This is still on the easel and needs quite a bit more time put into it. I'll be working on it
over the next week and will hopefully have a finished piece to show you later on in the week.

I'd like to remind you all about the competition to win a custom canvas. You can find the competition here on the Natural Mamas forum

When this one ends at the end of the month, I will be running a monthly prize giveaway here on my blog.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment